New Jersey Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Motorcycles have all of the same rights as any other vehicle on the road. It's the responsibility of every driver to recognize them. In any accident between a motorcycle and another vehicle, the chance of a serious or even fatal injury is extremely high for the biker. Motorcycle riders don't have the same safety protection drivers do. In accidents, riders only really have their helmet and their clothes for protection. This is why motorcycle riders are 25 times more likely to die in accidents than people behind the wheel.
Family members of people who die in motorcycle accidents can get compensation for their lost loved one, but also for any future financial support the victim would've provided the family. Damages can also include money for the pain and suffering the victim suffered after the accident before they died. This can be substantial if the accident victim suffered in the hospital for a period before passing away.
At Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., we provide our clients with decades of experience in fatal motorcycle accident claims. Not matter if your loved one was operating the motorcycle or was a passenger, our New Jersey wrongful death lawyers can help get the compensation your family needs.
If your loved one was killed in a fatal motorcycle accident caused by another driver, you may have a wrongful death claim.
Choosing the best attorney for your New Jersey motorcycle accident wrongful death lawsuit is important. The attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. will start an investigation into what caused your loved one's accident and represent your family in all court proceedings. We've helped victim's family members recover damages for:
- All medical expenses - If your loved one survived the accident long enough to get some medical treatment before they died, hospital bills can be expensive. A wrongful death case can get these bills covered.
- Funeral bills - Your family wasn't prepared for the cost of your loved one's funeral services. The victim's family shouldn't have to pay for a service and burial that can cost thousands of dollars.
- Lost future wages - Money the victim would've made for years or even decades of work should be included in wrongful death claims. The victim's family may also be entitled to get money lost in medical insurance, pension and other benefits.
- Loss of companionship - No amount of money can make up for your loss, but in some cases the victim's family can get financial compensation for losing the victim's companionship.
There are a lot of reasons for motorcycle accidents. The most common causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while tired or distracted
- Reckless driving/speeding
- Bad weather conditions
- Dangerous road conditions
- Heavy traffic
Distracted driving has become a bigger problem in the last few years. More and more accidents are caused by texting or using a cell phone while driving.
Some accidents are caused by mechanicals defects in the motorcycle. In cases like this, the manufacturer could be held responsible for your loved one's death. Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., can also handle wrongful death cases caused by faulty or defective parts.
The New Jersey injury attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. understand that money and other financial subjects can be hard to think about when you've lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. No amount of money can ever make up for the pain and suffering your family has experienced. Even though money from a wrongful death claim doesn't compensate your loss, you still need help facing lost wages, medical expenses and other financial issues.
We have a proven record of success in New Jersey motorcycle accident wrongful death cases. Our experienced lawyers will:
- Investigate the accident
- Take over dealing with insurance companies
- Prepare your case for court
- Fight for your right to full compensation
Your family shouldn't struggle through this difficult situation alone. The NJ motorcycle accident attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are here to help you recover from the tragic loss your family has gone through. Contact us at (609) 240-0040 to discuss your case.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.