New Jersey Hit and Run Truck Accident Attorneys
Compensation for Truck Hit and Run Victims
All truck drivers are expected to abide by rules established by certain regulatory agencies in addition to the laws of the road. A violation of any of these standards can result in job loss, license suspension, or worse. In spite of these penalties, some truckers choose to run the risk of engaging in negligent or illegal behavior, usually for bonuses or other benefits. If a truck driver causes a catastrophic accident due to such ill advised behavior, he or she may flee the scene in order to avoid the personal and professional consequences of his or her actions. Meanwhile, the victim is left to deal with the damages alone.
As the faultless victim of a truck accident, you have the right to pursue compensation from the truck driver, the company under which he or she is employed, and/or any other liable party. Unfortunately, this option may not be available to you if the truck driver immediately fled the scene of the accident; however, there may be other ways for you to get the coverage you need. Call NJ hit and run truck accident victim lawyers at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. at (609) 240-0040 to receive reliable legal guidance in a free, comprehensive consultation.
What to Do after a Hit and Run Truck Accident in NJ
The steps you take after a hit-and-run may affect the viability of your claim down the line. It’s extremely important that you perform the following actions as soon as you can after a crash has occurred:
- Write down any details about the truck or its driver that you can make out. You may increase the chance of finding the liable driver substantially if you are able to record the truck’s license plate number and/or company affiliation.
- Record witness statements. Make sure you also exchange contact information with all witnesses. They can be invaluable sources of information, especially if you were disoriented or unconscious in the wake of the crash.
- Call the police. The sooner you notify the police of the hit-and-run crash, the sooner they can start looking for the liable truck driver. Also, a police report will help you build a better case.
- Receive medical attention. Have a qualified physician evaluate your injuries and make a report. This medical report should support your claim.
Accident claim cases are complex, even more so when they involve hit-and-runs. Get in touch with a reputable attorney as soon as you can for a better chance at an optimal outcome for your case.
New Jersey Uninsured Motorist Coverage
You may have the option of filing an uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company to recover compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost work time and wages, pain and suffering, and more. Discuss your insurance policy with your attorney to find out whether this is a viable option for you.
NJ Hit & Run Truck Accident Attorneys Helping You Seek Justice
The New Jersey truck accident attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. will work tirelessly to uncover the truth for the sake of you and your family. The cowardly actions of a negligent driver should not mean that you need to shoulder the financial burden of a hit and run. You can trust us to give your case the greatest possible personal attention to get the results you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your accident.
today for help
- Blind Spot Accident
- Dangerous Road Conditions
- Driver Negligence
- FedEx Truck Accident
- Garbage Truck Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Intoxicated Truckers
- Jackknife Accident
- Large Truck Litigation
- NJ Trucking Laws
- Overloaded Truck Accidents
- Pickup Truck Accidents
- Runaway Trailer
- Trucking Company Negligence
- Truck Accident FAQs
- Truck Drivers and HOS Regulations
- Truck Equipment Failure
- Trucking Insurance Problems
- Tow Truck Accident
- Underride Collision
- Winter Weather Trucking Accident
- Truck Accident Death
- UPS Truck Accidents