South Brunswick Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
While most healthy people can dismiss a fall that ends in a small bruise or scrape, multiple slip and fall cases end in serious injuries. From brain damage to broken backs, falls are one of the leading causes of major trauma. In any given year, emergency rooms around the county, including those in South Brunswick, are filled with over one million slip and fall cases, as reported by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI). While some falls may be the result of inattentiveness or clumsiness on the part of the victim, others occur due to the negligent actions – or inaction – of restaurant owners, shopkeepers, and apartment managers.
A simple tumble shouldn’t drive an individual into medical debt or take someone’s life, but it happens every day across the U.S., and South Brunswick is no exception. While some injuries can heal on their own with rest, other victims may not be so fortunate and may need the aid of a South Brunswick personal injury lawyer to secure a brighter future. The attentive legal team at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. has fought on behalf of injured clients for over 25 years, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve when a property owner neglects their duties. Contact us at (609) 240-0040 for a free case evaluation to determine the best options available to you.
Many different factors can contribute to slip or trip and fall accidents, often due to poor landscaping, rough New Jersey winters, bad architectural design, and inattentive owners. Common causes include:
- Slippery or wet floors: Accidents can happen when floors have been recently mopped or waxed, and warning signs are not posted. They may also be caused by spilled grease or liquids that are not cleaned up promptly. Slipping and falling on hard floor surfaces can injure the back of the head, the neck, the back, the hips, and/or the vertebrae.
- Ice on walkways and stairs: When property and business owners fail to shovel and salt icy walkways, customers and visitors can easily slip and fall, often fracturing bones and suffering other serious injuries when they hit the hard pavement. They may also fall again upon trying to get up, causing further injury.
- Cracked or uneven pavement and sidewalks: Defective sidewalks and pavement can cause visitors on a property to trip and fall. They are likely to break an arm or wrist or dislocate a shoulder if they instinctively extend their arms out to break the fall.
- Lack of or broken handrails: Stairwells can be extremely dangerous places for a trip and fall to occur, causing serious injuries, including traumatic brain injury, compressed and slipped discs, spinal fractures, spinal cord injury, and nerve damage.
- Torn carpets: Tears in the carpet or buckled carpet can catch a person’s foot, causing a trip and fall accident. Common injuries when a person trips and falls forward include head and face injuries, hand and arm fractures, elbow injuries, and knee injuries.
Property and business owners have a duty of care to maintain the property, and this includes a responsibility to keep the property safe for patrons and visitors. They must inspect the property and, when hazardous situations arise, they must act quickly to adequately remedy the situation to prevent injuries. When they fail to do so, and that negligence leads to injury, they may be held liable for slip and fall accidents.
Securing compensation from a property owner’s insurance company is a complicated process, as insurance companies and property owners will try to deny liability for an injury. In order to hold negligent owners accountable for their actions, a premise liability attorney must focus their legal experience on a variety of factors, from the financial costs of an injury to reconstructions of the accident. This can include extensive reviews of the victim’s medical reports, the property’s architectural history, maintenance logs, and even local weather patterns. For that, you will need an experienced law firm on your side.
While slip and fall cases can be resolved during negotiations, the attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are prepared to go to trial for their clients. If we take on your case, we will utilize a variety of experts and resources to build a strong case for full compensation. Our slip and fall lawyers have experience handling New Jersey cases involving icy pavement, negligent restaurant owners, and wrongful deaths. Call us at (609) 240-0040 if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in South Brunswick to determine how you can pursue compensation.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.