2018 Scholarship Opportunity from Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C.
We strongly believe that New Jersey students have what it takes to make a difference in the world. That’s why our law firm is offering a $500 scholarship to help one deserving student pay for post-secondary education. Both of us went to high school in NJ — Gabe Lependorf at Princeton High School, and David Silverstein at The Lawrenceville School. We want to encourage and reward excellent New Jersey students who are seeking higher education. Keep reading to find out more about this opportunity, and good luck!
For inspiration, have a look at last year’s winner.
Scholarship Details: Read Carefully
- Amount Awarded: $500
- Who is eligible to apply?
Option 1 – Any high school senior who is on track to graduate, and currently holds a minimum 3.0 GPA, who plans to pursue a post-secondary degree after graduation;
Option 2 – Any student currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year post-secondary educational institution.
- Application Deadline: All applications must be received by May 9, 2018 to be considered. Send all application materials to Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. no later than that date, as applications that arrive later will not be considered. There are no exceptions. Our goal is to keep the process completely fair to all of the applicants. Give yourself plenty of time to prepare your application, and submit it to our offices before 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on May 9, 2018.
- Winner will be chosen by: The name of the winner, as well as his or her photo, will be announced on our website and on our social media pages on June 13, 2018.
May 9, 2018
June 13, 2018
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- For High School Students: You must be anticipating getting your high school diploma in the 2017-2018 school year, and be planning on beginning your post-secondary education within the 2018-2019 school year.
- For College Students: All college students applying for the scholarship must be currently attending an accredited four-year university or college, or be currently attending a two-year post-secondary institution, with plans to then transfer to an accredited four-year college or university.
- Are You Eligible? If you are a high school student on track to graduate, and you meet the GPA requirements, or you are a college student at a community college or other two-year educational institution with plans to transfer to a university, or are already attending a four-year program at an accredited university, you are eligible to apply for the Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. scholarship.
Our Scholarship Requirements (You Must Meet All Requirements)
- You have earned, or will earn in the 2017-2018 school year, your high school diploma.
- You have maintained a 3.0 overall GPA (or higher).
- You are a U.S. citizen or hold the status of Permanent Resident.
- All entry fields in the scholarship application PDF have been filled in.
- The essay portion of the application is completed, including both entry fields (as follows):
Introduction: 100-200 Words
We want to hear about you, find out more about your personal interest in this scholarship, and why you have decided to apply. We would also like to learn about your plans are for using the scholarship award, and how it will serve you in pursuing your education. Add any information about yourself that you think will help you stand out amongst the many who will apply for the scholarship.
If you are selected as the winner of the Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. scholarship, your acceptance could be used for marketing purposes including but not limited to being featured on the Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. website, as well as on Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. social media profile pages.
Short Essay: 500-1000 Words
How will attending college or university assist you in reaching your future goals? What are your plans for making a positive difference in the world, and how will your future education assist you to reach the goals you have set for yourself?
Required Documentation From Finalists
- School Transcripts – We may require an official or unofficial transcript from your current educational institution to assist us in determining your eligibility. If Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. decides that your application puts you in contention as a finalist and potential winner of the scholarship, you will be contacted by Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., and given instructions on how to mail or send an electronic version of your official (unopened) transcript. This will help us to verify that all information provided to us by you is accurate, and that you meet all of the eligibility requirements. Do not send any transcripts until this is explicitly requested by Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C.
- Current Proof of Enrollment – You will be required to submit to Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. upon request an enrollment verification letter, letter of acceptable from a college, or course registration for the coming semester.
- Photo ID – Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. will require a copy of your U.S. driver license, U.S. state ID card, and/or passport. These are each considered acceptable forms of identification to submit to us upon request, for verification that you meet the eligibility requirements as outlined above.