Hamilton Township Truck Accident Attorneys
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Accidents involving large trucks can be catastrophic. The sheer weight and size of large commercial trucks, especially when travelling at high speeds, can destroy your vehicle – often with severe injury to you and your passengers. Commercial truck driving was recently rated the eighth most dangerous profession in the U.S. Even with special training or years of experience, truck drivers may violate state and federal laws by engaging in negligent driving behavior.
If you’ve been in an accident with a commercial truck, it is crucial that you are represented by a skilled Hamilton Township personal injury attorney. Big rigs, 18-wheelers, and other commercial trucks are required to carry high value insurance policies, due to the severe damage that can occur in a collision.
- Driver fatigue: Truckers make a living by delivering their loads on a tight schedule. Despite being legally required to rest at specific intervals, drivers will often push on – driving despite being tired and more likely to crash.
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks: Improperly loaded or overloaded trucks are prone to a rollover and jackknife, with the truck destroying other vehicles in its path.
- Driving under the influence: A relatively high percentage of drivers have been found to be driving while impaired by drugs, alcohol, or both.
- Reckless driving: Truck drivers often travel the same highways, day after day, and develop negligent driving behaviors, including speeding, unsafe lane changes, driving too fast for weather or road conditions, or aggressive driving, putting innocent people at risk of injury or death.
Other factors that must be evaluated in a commercial truck accident include:
- Was the driver qualified? Truck companies are required to perform background checks on potential drivers and ensure that they do not have a history of accidents or reckless driving.
- Was proper maintenance done on schedule? To keep up with schedules, trucking companies may fail to ensure the vehicle is maintained, leading to brake, tire, or other failure.
Trucks often use the same roads used by everyday drivers – which means sharing the streets huge, heavily-loaded trucks that may weigh up to 80,000 lbs. Freeways and high-traffic zones are common areas where truck accidents occur. Due to the high concentration of vehicles, a truck accident may lead to multiple people suffering serious or fatal injuries.
On a freeway or a high-traffic street, the factors that caused the accident may be difficult to identify. Investigating the accident often requires resources such as professional accident investigators, vehicle experts, engineers, and others to find supporting evidence establishing liability.
Because of the severe injuries typically received in a truck accident, the compensation recovered may be very high value. The damages pursued include:
- Economic damages: The financial losses associated with the accident, including medical costs, rehabilitation, loss of income from work, loss of earning capacity, and all other hard costs.
- Non-economic damages: These damages reflect the personal impact of the accident, and include payment for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, loss of consortium, and the emotional anguish associated with the accident.
At Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., a comprehensive evaluation of your case will be performed to determine the maximum compensation you are entitled to claim and we will pursue it with the full force of our more than 25 years of experience in winning multi-million-dollar cases. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis with no legal fees owing unless we are successful. You can trust that we will do everything possible to achieve a positive case outcome.
Trucking firms and their insurance companies engage in many strategies in an attempt to minimize the compensation paid to accident victims. Without counsel to protect your rights, you risk being paid a level of compensation far lower than you deserve. With our legal team at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., on your side, the opposing counsel understands that your case is being managed by a professional trial law firm that knows the law and has the skills to prepare a fully documented case on your behalf. If we take your case, we will aggressively pursue the maximum possible in your case.
Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., is a legal firm that provides big firm results, with small firm attention and service. We exclusively focus on personal injury cases and dedicate the needed time and attention to every case. We are members of the elite Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum as a result of our achievements in personal injury law. Contact us today at (609) 240-0040 to schedule a free consultation regarding your truck or car accident claim.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.