Hamilton Township Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Situated next to Trenton, the capital of New Jersey, Hamilton Township is approximately 65 miles away from New York City and 35 miles away from Philadelphia. It has a total of 369.10 miles of scenic roadways, including major highways like Interstate 95 (the New Jersey Turnpike), Route 29, and Route 130. Hamilton is the only town in New Jersey that hosts Interstate 95 and both of its auxiliary routes, Interstates 195 and 295.
The abundance of open roads makes Hamilton Township an ideal area to enjoy riding a motorcycle. However, the picturesque routes - though nice - can become the site of a tragedy if a negligent driver causes you to crash while riding your bike.
If you or a loved one were involved in a motorcycle accident in Hamilton Township, you need to contact the veteran motorcycle accident attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., right away. With our legal team in your corner, you can rest easy knowing that we are battling to protect your rights and hold the liable parties responsible for their actions.
When people drive in a negligent manner, it can lead to disastrous accidents with a motorcycle. Motorcyclists and their passengers are much more vulnerable than people inside larger, more protected motor vehicles. Common injuries bikers suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injury- Head injuries can range in severity, from a mild concussion to a skull fracture and life-altering brain damage. TBIs can have catastrophic effects on the lives of victims, and the full effect of a brain injury is not always clear: victims may be unable to care for themselves and need ongoing care for the rest of their lives.
- Road rash- Road rash is an injury caused by exposed skin scraping across the surface of the road. Road rash is rarely fatal, but wounds are very painful and can result in serious scars.
- Disfigurement- This can include losing a limb or significant scarring. It’s not uncommon for someone who’s suffered a disfiguring injury or dismemberment to undergo various medical treatments and surgeries afterward. Disfigurement may also be caused from scarring, and facial injuries that require reconstructive surgery to treat.
- Broken bones- Motorcycle accidents commonly lead to broken bones throughout the body of the victim. This includes minor hand fractures to fractures of larger bones, like the femur and tibia.
- Spinal cord injuries- Neck injuries are also common following a motorcycle accident. The spinal cord controls many bodily functions, and damage to it can leave you with partial or complete loss of sensation or movement in areas of your body. Paraplegia and quadriplegia occur as the result of spinal cord damage.
- Wrongful death- In severe cases, motorcycle accidents can lead to the death of the rider.
Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents typically require significant medical treatment that can be financially draining to victims and their families. An experienced Hamilton Township personal injury attorney can hold the liable parties responsible and get you the compensation you need to move on with your life.
Liability in motorcycle accidents is determined by the same rules of negligence that govern other motor vehicle accidents. A person is negligent when he or she acts in a careless way that directly leads to injury to another person. A driver must use care to avoid injuring other motorists, passengers, and anyone else on the road. If a driver is not reasonably careful and injures someone, he or she is liable for the victim’s related expenses.
In the majority of accidents involving a motorcycle, it is the driver of a car or truck who is at fault. Maybe he did something he should not have done, like speeding, or running a red light. He can also be found liable for failing to do something he should have done, like failing to check mirrors before changing lane or turning.
For more than 25 years, Gabriel Lependorf and David Silverstein have been protecting the rights of motorcycle accident victims and their families. We help our clients obtain the compensation they need after an accident throws their lives into disarray. At our law firm, we combine big-firm resources with the personalized touch and attention each client needs. If you want lawyers who are here for Hamilton Township motorcycle accident victims, call us at (609) 240-0040 to schedule a free consultation today.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.