Hamilton Township Car Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
It is imperative that Hamilton Township residents who have been involved in a car crash understand their legal rights following a crash, especially their right to pursue compensation from anyone determined to be at-fault. At Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., our Hamilton personal injury lawyers will work to receive the compensation needed for any and all of your accident-related damages.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The injuries that can result from an automobile accident can range from the very minor, such as scrapes and bruises, to serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment. The following are some of the more common types of car accident injuries:
- Neck injuries, which can be mild (such as whiplash) to severe (like disc injury).
- Back injuries caused by the impact of a crash and the torque on the bodies of the car's occupants.
- Brain and head injuries, of which a closed head injury is one of the more common types of injuries (including traumatic brain injury or a concussion).
- Facial injuries, which can be caused by a number of different things and be as serious as fractures or dental injuries.
Car Crash Causes
A motor vehicle collision can be caused by a number of factors; however, some of the top reasons car accidents occur can be attributed to the driver. With almost 1.2 million people in the U.S. losing their lives in automobile crashes every year, a number which is only expected to rise in the coming years, understanding what frequently causes an accident may help Hamilton Township drivers avoid a serious crash. Common causes of auto accidents include:
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds reduces a driver's reaction time and increases the severity of an accident.
- Drunk driving: A drunk driving collision is completely preventable, yet causes thousands of deaths each year.
- Driver fatigue: Drowsy drivers cause approximately 100,000 accidents annually in the U.S.
- Distracted driving: A problem that has gained more awareness in recent years, distracted driving involves the many things that can distract a driver, such as cell phones or interaction with other passengers.
- Inclement weather: Though this is out of a driver's control, a driver can control his or her actions behind the wheel to prevent a crash, such as slowing down during bad weather.
Why Hire a Car Crash Lawyer?
In the event of a car collision, a victim will certainly need ample time to recover from his or her injuries, both physical and mental, and will also need proper medical treatment to heal. Without proper compensation from any of the negligent parties who caused the crash, an injured victim's recovery will be that much more challenging. At Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C., our attorneys understand how devastating being involved in a car or bike accident can be and how difficult it is to recover. We will protect your lawful rights and ensure full compensation is given so that you get on with life. Please call (609) 240-0040 to schedule a free consultation.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.