New Jersey Scalding Burn Victim Attorneys
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Scalding Burn Injuries: When to Speak to a Lawyer
Burns are some of the most painful injuries one can suffer. They can result in years of treatment for pain and disfigurement. According to the American Burn Association (ABA), scalding burns are the most common form of burn injury. This is because scalding burns don't require a burning flame or a red hot surface. They can be caused by heated air, liquid, steam, or food.
If you or a loved one has suffered a scalding burn injury, you need to consult an experienced burn injury attorney. The Princeton based law office of Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. is dedicated to fighting for the rights of New Jersey burn victims. We've helped clients for over 20 years.
For advice on your case, call our NJ burn injury lawyers at (609) 240-0040 for a free consultation.
High Risk Groups
What is particularly frightening, according to the ABA, is that the three groups at highest risk to suffer scalding burns are as follows:
- Young children
- Elderly adults
- The disabled or people with special needs
It's sad that the most vulnerable humans are also at the most at risk for suffering such painful injuries.
Damages in a New Jersey Scalding Burn Injury Case
If you or a loved one has suffered a scalding burn injury due to the negligence of another party, you may pursue compensation for the following damages:
- Current medical bills (emergency room fees, medication, and early trauma treatment)
- Future medical bills (burn injuries often require multiple future medical procedures, such as skin grafts, plastic surgery, etc.)
- Pain and suffering (burn injuries can result in chronic, untreatable pain
- Physical and mental scarring)
- Loss of wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Permanent injury or disability
- Wrongful death
The physical, financial, and emotional repercussions of a serious burn can never truly be measured. But with the help of a NJ scalding burn injury lawyer, you can recover much of your losses. To get a settlement worthy of you or your loved one's injury, contact the Princeton law offices of Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C.
Common Causes of Scalding Burn Injuries
Scalding burn injuries are caused by heat, not flame, meaning that the source of the burn is invisible. This is why scalding burns are so prevalent. Most scalding injuries occur in the home, restaurants, or the workplace. The common causes of scalding burns include:
- Hot beverages, such as coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Hot foods, including soups and other heated foods
- Microwaved foods and the steam emitted from them
- Overly heated tap water in showers and baths
- Burns from burst steam pipes, automobile radiators, and humidifiers, etc.
Contact Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. Today
We have been passionately representing New Jersey burn victims for over 25 years. For a free, comprehensive consultation, call us at (609) 240-0040.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.