NJ Product Related Burn Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Whenever we purchase goods for ourselves, our home and our children, we expect that they will not only work as promised but also be safe. When companies are in a rush to get a product to market, they may not perform adequate testing. Workers in manufacturing plants can make mistakes and the products we depend on to make our lives easier can actually harm us.
Defective products can cause a burn injury. Improperly made products can cause chemical burns, electrical burns, thermal injuries and scalds. In fact, any item that contains a corrosive acid or base, runs on electricity or heats up during use, has the potential to cause burns. Some real world examples of defective products that caused burn injuries (or had the potential to) are below:
- Over 10,000 2018 and 2019 Yamaha EF2000iS portable generators were recalled due to fuel tanks leaking gasoline and posing fire and burn risks.
- 180,000 smoke alarms were recalled by Universal Security Instruments in 2019 due to a risk of failing to alert of a fire.
- Michaels store recalled 27,000 ceramic travel mugs due to burn hazards in 2017.
- Thousands of children's pajamas were recalled in 2015 due to violation of Federal Flammability Standard, posing burn injury risks.
- Some recalled fireworks violated federal regulations regarding composition. The use of excessive amounts of pyrotechnic materials increased the risk of both explosions and resultant burns.
- A brand of halogen work lights manufactured in China overheated and melted before the makers issued a recall. The parties that issued the recall admitted that the defective lights increased the risk of fire.
The treatment for a burn injury caused by a defective product obviously depends on the severity of the burn. Superficial first degree burns will typically heal on their own in a matter of days, but serious burn injuries can result in lengthy recovery periods, surgeries, time away from work, permanent scarring and even amputation.
If a defective product caused your burn injury and you had to endure emotional trauma and costly medical treatments as a result, you may be able to hold the negligent party accountable in a court of law. Contact the top-rated NJ burn injury lawyers at Lependorf & Silverstein. We will provide the aggressive representation necessary to ensure you receive a settlement that you deserve.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.