blog home Slip and Fall Accident How Do I Get Financial Compensation for Breaking a Bone in a New Jersey Slip and Fall Accident?

How Do I Get Financial Compensation for Breaking a Bone in a New Jersey Slip and Fall Accident?

By Lependorf & Silverstein on February 29, 2016

In cartoons, slip and fall accidents – usually involving a banana peel – are an old gag.  In real life, however, a slip and fall accident is no joke.  In a fall you could suffer a serious injury like fractured or dislocated bones, rehabilitation, and a lengthy healing period.

If you were injured in a slip and fall and you want to seek compensation from a negligent person or company who caused the accident, take the following steps:

Contact an Experienced Lawyer Immediately

In New Jersey, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident.  To protect your legal rights and help ensure you do not miss this important deadline, talk to an experienced Princeton slip and fall attorney as soon as possible.

Don’t Agree to Anything Until Your Lawyer Reviews it First

The insurance company for the property owner, or the property owner themselves, may attempt to reach a settlement with you.  They may act as if they are genuinely concerned about your needs and may offer to pay your medical bills or other expenses directly related to the accident. While this can sound kind, don’t take any agreement until your lawyer looks at it first.  Remember: your needs after the accident include both the medical care you’ve already received and any care or support you will need in the future.  Your settlement should accurately reflect all your needs and losses.

Keep All Your Doctor’s Appointments

Be precise about attending all your doctor’s appointments, including appointments with therapists or specialists.  The more information you have about your condition, the more complete a case your lawyer can make for the compensation you deserve.

Contact Us

Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. has been there for many people and their families after an accident. Let our New Jersey slip and fall bone fracture attorneys help you get the financial settlement you need to move on from your injuries. Call us today at (609) 240-0040.

Related Articles

Call our office at
(609) 240-0040
today for help


Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C.
4365 US Highway 1, Suite 104, Princeton, NJ 08540
Phone: (609) 429-5848 • Fax: (609) 240-0044

Copyright & Disclaimer

Copyright © 2018 Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. − All rights reserved.

Princeton Personal Injury Lawyers Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that case and the results will differ from case to case. Please contact an attorney at our law firm for a consultation on your particular legal matter. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of NJ.

Search Engine Optimization and Legal Internet Marketing by:SLS ConsultingScholarshipBlog SitemapPrivacy Policy