Personal Injury Overview – New Jersey Injury Victims Need Their Rights Protected
Obtain a free case evaluation from a knowledgeable attorney today
Accidents caused by another party’s intentional actions or negligence could result in a lifetime of hardship and distress. When the accident leads to a serious injury, the injury will likely result in expensive medical bills, a loss of income, and emotional trauma. Undoubtedly, the outcome of an accident can be devastating.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that was caused because another person, company, or government entity acted negligently or was intentional in his or her wrongful actions, you may be eligible for compensation. New Jersey law protects the right to seek compensation in cases where the damages were caused as a result of negligence. Discuss your case with a proficient New Jersey personal injury attorney who can evaluate your case.
Obtain the Support of New Jersey’s Most Experienced Law Firm
When a person suffers an injury as a result of another’s misconduct or negligence, he or she has the opportunity to seek financial compensation for his or her losses through a personal injury lawsuit. A successful case can provide compensation for past and present medical expenses, pain and suffering, a loss of income and benefits, and more. Following an accident that resulted in a serious injury, obtain proficient legal support right away.
The New Jersey litigators at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are qualified to handle the most complex and challenging personal injury cases, including medical malpractice cases, traffic accident cases, wrongful death cases. Recognized for their history of successful cases, the attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are equipped to achieve a favorable outcome on behalf of their clients. The dedicated team of attorneys is exceptionally versed in New Jersey’s personal injury laws. After an accident, consider contacting the firm to obtain a no-cost case evaluation today.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims are filed when an accident has resulted in serious bodily harm and other damages. In the State of New Jersey, injured victims have a legal right to pursue compensation when the accident that caused their injuries was caused by another’s negligence. Every personal injury claim is unique; nonetheless, damages pursued will often include medical bills, property loss, loss of income, emotional distress, and loss of quality of life. The following is a shortlist of personal injury claims typically handled throughout New Jersey.
- Premises Liability Accidents – Premises liability accidents are those that involve injuries caused while on another’s property. These case can involve: Negligent security, Slip and fall injuries, Swimming pool accidents, Dog attack or dog bite cases, or Lack of property maintenance.
- Burn Injuries – A severe burn can result in excruciating pain, permanent disability, and scarring. People who suffer a burn injury can often be forced to undergo extensive medical procedures to treat the scar tissue and burn damage. Construction site negligence, car accidents, wildfires, defective products, and apartment building fires are typical burn injury culprits.
- Product Liability – A dangerous and defective product can cause an unsuspecting consumer to suffer a very serious injury. The sellers and manufacturing companies of products are legally responsible for the safety of their consumers; therefore, they have a duty to warn consumers of known possible hazards in their products. These companies also have a legal obligation to provide instructions for the proper use of their products.
A product liability claim will usually involve the defect or danger of products related to: Pharmaceuticals, Motor vehicles, Children’s toys, Medical equipment, and Items containing lithium-ion batteries.
- Claims Against Government Agencies – There are specific laws when it comes to filing a personal injury claim against a government entity. When a government entity has caused an accident that led to serious bodily harm, there will usually be a strictly limited time to notify the agency of the claim. If the deadline has passed, the right to collect financial compensation will likely be forfeited.
Claims against government agencies can include, but are not limited to: Mass transit accidents, Traffic collisions with government-owned vehicles, Traffic accidents with government employees, School-related accidents, or Accidents caused by hazardous conditions on government-owned property.
- Traffic Accidents – In New Jersey, there are thousands of traffic accidents each year. Unfortunately, many of these accidents result in serious injuries. Many of them also have fatal consequences. Traffic accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to: Texting while driving, Engaging in road rage behaviors, Driving while fatigued or sleep-deprived, or Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Commercial Truck Accidents – Accidents involving commercial vehicles usually involve trucks that transport goods for hire. The freight industry is governed by state and federal laws that do not apply to average vehicles in operation. The laws concerning the freight industry add a layer that can make the claim far more intricate and challenging. Some of the most common rules applied to the trucking industry include: The number of hours a driver can operate the commercial vehicle, The maximum weight the truck can carry across state lines, and The commercial vehicle’s regular inspection and maintenance.
- Wrongful Death Cases – When an accident results in the death of the victim, the victim’s survivors have the legal right to seek compensatory losses. Wrongful death cases are devastating and they can result in a variety of losses, including: The loss of financial support, The loss of household services, Medical costs accumulated before the passing, Funeral and burial expenses, and the loss of companionship.
Schedule a Complimentary Case Evaluation Today
There are many different types of personal injury claims that should only be entrusted to an attorney who has extensive skills and experience in the field. With a successful claim, obtaining compensation for the loss of income, medical costs, and emotional trauma can be recovered. If you were injured in an accident that was caused by another party’s negligence, contact an experienced attorney today.
As a result of their extensive experience, the attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. have cemented themselves as New Jersey’s premier personal injury law firm. The firm has extensive experience in gathering critical evidence from incident reports, witness statements, and medical records, all to ensure a strong case is filed on behalf of their clients. To obtain high-quality representation after your accident, consider contacting the support of Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. today.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.