SUV Driver Critically Injured in New Jersey Turnpike Crash
The driver of an SUV was seriously injured in a recent New Jersey car accident involving a rear-end collision. According to a Philly.com news report, the accident occurred near Mount Laurel in the southbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike. Officials said only one person was in the SUV when it was rear-ended by a truck. The driver of the SUV sustained critical injuries. It does not appear that anyone in the truck was harmed. It is unclear who was responsible for the crash, and the investigation is ongoing.
Common contributing factors of rear-end collisions include:
- Cell phone use: A New Jersey driver who is violating Statute 39:4-97.3 by using a hand-held electronic device may not notice the vehicle in front of him or her until it is too late to avoid a collision.
- Speed: Motorists who are exceeding the speed limit or traveling too fast for the roadway conditions may be unable to stop in time for slowed traffic.
- Drunken driving: Impaired motorists are more likely to cause a collision by travelling too fast or by failing to notice that the vehicle in front has slowed down.
- Fatigued driving: Motorists who are feeling drowsy are more likely to miss brake lights and traffic stops.
- Dangerous lane changes: In some instances, a driver in front can cause a crash by dangerously changing lanes and slamming on the brakes.
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision, you may be able to pursue financial compensation for your losses through civil litigation. Drivers in New Jersey can file a personal injury claim against the driver responsible for their suffering. A successful claim can result in financial support for medical bills, suffering, lost wages, and other related damages. During the claim process, injured victims have to prove that the at-fault driver was negligent in some way and that his or her negligence resulted in financial, physical, or emotional losses.
At Lependorf & Silverstein, we help injured victims of New Jersey auto accidents get the support they need. We provide no-cost, no-obligation consultations at (609) 240-0040. Please call us today to get the help you need.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.