Auto Accidents in New Jersey – What You Need to Know
Proudly serving all New Jersey
Car accidents remain one of the leading causes of serious injuries in New Jersey. Based on a data report published by the New Jersey Department of Transportation, there were close to 280,000 traffic accidents reported in the state in 2019. These accidents had a variety of consequences, including life-changing injuries and death.
As common as auto accidents are, it can sometimes be difficult to assimilate the gravity of an accident until we have personally been involved in an accident. In an instant, a car accident has the potential to cause lifelong challenges, including disability, a loss of income, and emotional trauma. Fortunately, there are multiple avenues to recover financial compensation after a car accident in New Jersey.
Aggressive Representation For Those Injured In Motor Vehicle Accidents in New Jersey
Car accidents can happen to even the most careful of drivers. Luckily, many auto accident victims will be able to walk away from their collisions with minor injuries and relatively insignificant property damage. Every year, however, thousands of families are affected by serious car accidents that result in thousands of dollars in damages. A serious car accident has the potential to cause mounting medical expenses and result in the inability to return to work. When an accident has been caused as a result of another’s negligence, it is imperative to seek qualified legal counsel to ensure maximum compensation is secured.
If you or someone you love was injured in a serious car accident, the support of a proficient attorney can be beneficial. The premier attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are exceptionally qualified in a variety of complex personal injury cases, including car accidents. The firm proudly serves many communities in New Jersey, including Ewing, Princeton, South Brunswick, Lawrence, and Hamilton. To schedule a no-cost consultation with the firm, dial (609) 240-0040 or fill out the online contact form here.
The Five Most Common Types of Car Accidents
There are many different ways cars can collide with one another. Whether the accident is a minor fender bender or a high-speed collision, however, the type of accident can dictate the type of injuries sustained by those involved and the severity of those injuries. The five most common types of car accidents are as follows:
- T-bone or broadside collisions: These accidents occur when one car collides into the side of another. Side-impact accidents usually take place at intersections.
- Rear-end accidents: Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle is traveling too close to the one in front. When the rear vehicle fails to notice that the vehicle ahead has come to an unexpected stop, it can collide with it. Rear-end accidents tend to cause neck and back injuries, including whiplash and spinal cord injuries.
- Multi-vehicle or chain reaction accidents: These types of accidents usually take place on surface streets or the highway. For the most part, they occur because a vehicle traveling behind crashes into one or more in front, causing those vehicles to collide with other vehicles in front of them, and so on. Multi-vehicle accidents are very complex and it can be extremely challenging to determine who is responsible for the accident.
- Rollover accidents: These types of accidents are common in trucks and SUVs. Rollover accidents are dangerous and can cause serious harm to those inside, especially when they are not in the use of a seatbelt. In a rollover accident, it is not uncommon to have a passenger be ejected from the vehicle as it turns, which can cause crushing injuries to the victim.
- Head-on collisions: Head-on accidents are some of the most fatal types of car accidents. This usually occurs when two vehicles collide front end with front end.
Devastating Injuries Typically Caused in Car Accidents
As previously mentioned, there are many factors that can affect the outcome of an accident. The severity of an injury can be determined by the type of accident, the speed of the vehicles, and the size and model of the vehicles. Despite all of these factors, the most common injuries reported after a serious accident include the following: Whiplash, Disfigurement, Traumatic brain injury, Internal organ damage, Severe burns or road rash, Amputation or loss of limb and/or spinal cord injuries or paralysis.
Although some injuries may be immediately apparent after an accident, other injuries can take several days to weeks to become apparent. For this reason, it is critically important that auto accident victims seek an immediate medical evaluation as soon as possible. Some of the most catastrophic injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury or internal damage may be symptomatic, and they may result in permanent injuries or have fatal consequences if not treated promptly.
Financial Compensation is Available After a Car Accident
The State of New Jersey is considered a no-fault state, which generally means that financial compensation can be available soon after the accident. By filing a claim against the personal injury protection coverage, or PIP, the victim’s car insurance will cover certain monetary damages caused by the accident, no matter who is responsible for the accident. While most cases are resolved through this type of coverage, other times, it is necessary to file a lawsuit to obtain necessary compensation. To understand whether this option is available, it is necessary to obtain the support of an experienced New Jersey auto accident attorney.
Schedule a No-Cost Consultation Today
A car accident can always be a traumatic experience – in a split second, it can result in costly medical expenses, a loss of income, and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, obtaining proficient legal counsel can be advantageous. A skilled attorney will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident and ensure those responsible are held accountable for their negligent actions.
The premier litigators at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. are highly qualified in a variety of personal injury claims, including complex auto accident cases. The firm is widely recognized as a leading personal injury law firm in New Jersey and has an established record for successful cases. To schedule a free consultation with the attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C, consider dialing (609) 240-0040 or complete the confidential online form today.
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.