NJ Uber Car Accident Attorneys
Hurt in an Uber Accident?
On Uber's official New Jersey website, you'll find the words: "Uber is not a transportation provider."
This may seem confusing if you visited their site to find out how you can get them to transport you. They list this in their fine print because they consider their drivers to be independent contractors. Their drivers ARE NOT employees who must be trained, supervised, and covered by insurance. Uber is not a taxi or limousine service. By saying that they only connect consumers with independent drivers, Uber is able to avoid liability for the actions of their drivers.
With more and more Uber vehicles getting in accidents, there are questions about who should be held liable, and how injured victims can seek compensation for their losses.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber car accident, please contact the experienced New Jersey car accident attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. for more information about your legal rights.
Contact us at (609) 240-0040 to discuss your situation.
Taxi Versus Rideshare: Liability Issues in NJ
There's an important difference between taxi and limousine services and the services provided by ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft. If you're hurt in a New Jersey taxi service, the company that owns, maintains, and insures the vehicles is liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and other related losses. As a commercial transportation provider, the at-fault company will have to provide you with a reasonable settlement.
If you're involved in an Uber car accident, here are the potentially liable parties, and the problems that may arise from filing a claim:
- The Uber driver: If the Uber driver was responsible for the crash, they may be liable for the injuries you have suffered. The driver's insurance provider may deny your claim if they only have personal auto insurance and not commercial auto insurance.
- Uber: There's a recent wrongful death case in which Uber denied responsibility for the death of a child because the driver was an independent contractor and not an employee. That doesn't mean Uber won't cover your losses, but it is clear that they don't automatically provide compensation to injured victims of Uber accidents.
- Another at-fault driver: Not all Uber car accidents result from Uber driver negligence. If you're hurt because of someone else's negligence, you can file a claim against the at-fault driver.
Call a New Jersey Uber Car Accident Lawyer and Protect Your Rights
If you're hurt in an Uber accident in NJ, make sure you file police report, and get prompt medical attention. Take photographs of the accident scene, including the position of the vehicles and your injuries. Get insurance and other pertinent information for all parties involved in the collision. Also, try to get contact information for any eyewitnesses. Their testimony can prove invaluable to the claims process.
Then, you should contact an experienced New Jersey Uber car accident lawyer. Get someone who will remain on your side, fight for your rights, and make sure your legal rights and best interests are protected.
Please contact Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. at (609) 240-0040 for a free consultation.
- Have Lyft and Uber Actually Reduced Drunk Driving?
- Uber / Rideshare Accidents in New Jersey
- Uber in New Jersey
today for help
- Auto Accident Damages
- Auto Accident FAQ
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Crosswalk Accidents
- DWI Accident Victim
- Fatal Auto Accident
- Head-On Car Accident
- Hit and Run
- Intersection Accident
- Jogging Accident
- Lane Change Car Accident
- Lyft Accident
- On the Job Car Accident
- Passenger Ejection
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accident
- School Bus Accidents
- Seatbelt Issues
- SUV and Vehicle Rollovers
- Uber Accident
- Van Accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
- Black Ice Car Accident
- Cellphone/Texting Auto Accident
- Dangerous Roadways
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Rear End Colllision
- Speeding Accidents
- Stop Sign Accidents
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Winter Weather Car Accident
- Winter Weather Public Transport Accident