Lawyers Representing Victims of Head Injuries in NJ Car Accidents
Head Trauma & Brain Injury from Car Accidents
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury in a car crash because of someone else's negligence, please contact the experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. at (609) 240-0040. In cases involving negligence or wrongdoing, financial compensation may be available for medical bills, time away from work, the costs of rehabilitation services, pain and suffering, and other related damages. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means that the attorney will not get paid until the victim wins his or her case.
Between 2006 and 2010, motor vehicle crashes were the third overall leading cause of TBI (14%) amongst all age groups. - CDC
Brain Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents in NJ
Pedestrians struck by cars may suffer severe head trauma if their head is violently shaken or if they strike their head on the exterior of a vehicle or against the roadway. Bicyclists can sustain similar injuries in a collision even if the victim is wearing a properly fitted helmet. Occupants of a vehicle involved in a collision may also experience severe brain trauma in an accident even when their seatbelt works properly and their head is cushioned by a functional airbag.
These types of injuries can occur even in slow impact collisions if the victim's head is shaken or struck during the crash. Head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, and broadside crashes can all result in brain trauma. In such incidents, the victim may experience a wide range of symptoms. Anyone who has lost consciousness or who is suffering from a headache or nausea after a collision should seek immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of Head and Brain Trauma
The brain is incredibly complex and it is often difficult to tell how hurt a victim is following a crash. In some instances, the victim's symptoms will get progressively worse over time if not properly diagnosed and treated. Others may suffer from permanent damage to their brain that could result in life-changing disabilities. While all types of brain injuries are potentially very serious, there are distinctions between mild traumatic brain injuries and severe brain injuries. Examples of symptoms suffered from a mild traumatic brain injury include the following:
- Memory loss
- Inability to focus or concentrate
Severe brain trauma may include all of these symptoms in addition to the below:
- Cognitive issues: Victims may experience difficulties with focusing, distractibility, concentration, memory, impulsiveness, and speed of processing information.
- Sensory issues: Victims of traumatic brain injuries may have difficulty with interpreting touch, temperature, and even movement.
- Speech issues: Victims of a TBI may struggle to understand the spoken word, or, they may have slurred speech or difficulty reading.
- Physical issues: Individuals suffering from a severe traumatic brain injury may suffer from chronic pain, issues with their bladder, appetite changes, a loss of stamina, and even paralysis.
- Emotional issues: Many head injury victims experience changes in their personalities including sudden aggression, depression, irritability, a lack of motivation, and a lack of awareness.
NJ Car Accident Brain Injury Attorneys Protecting the Rights of Victims
Anytime someone suffers trauma to his or her head in a motor vehicle collision, it is crucial that the victim seeks immediate medical attention. After receiving proper diagnosis and treatment, injured victims of head or brain injuries would be well advised to speak with an experienced New Jersey car accident attorney who will help determine liability for the crash. Financial compensation may be available for the victim's serious injuries, damages, and losses.
today for help
- Auto Accident Damages
- Auto Accident FAQ
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Crosswalk Accidents
- DWI Accident Victim
- Fatal Auto Accident
- Head-On Car Accident
- Hit and Run
- Intersection Accident
- Jogging Accident
- Lane Change Car Accident
- Lyft Accident
- On the Job Car Accident
- Passenger Ejection
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accident
- School Bus Accidents
- Seatbelt Issues
- SUV and Vehicle Rollovers
- Uber Accident
- Van Accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
- Black Ice Car Accident
- Cellphone/Texting Auto Accident
- Dangerous Roadways
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Rear End Colllision
- Speeding Accidents
- Stop Sign Accidents
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Winter Weather Car Accident
- Winter Weather Public Transport Accident