New Jersey Black Ice Car Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Auto Accidents on Black Ice
If you have been injured in a NJ car crash involving black ice, it is highly advised that you contact Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. now so our experienced New Jersey auto accident attorneys can get started on an investigation right away. Preserving the scene of the collision, including the black ice, is absolutely crucial to your claim. Do not wait too long or valuable evidence may literally melt away.
To receive a free, comprehensive consultation, call (609) 240-0040. You may also try our live chat option at the bottom right hand corner of the page to get in direct contact with one of our helpful representatives.
Why Is Black Ice So Dangerous?
Black ice is a transparent coating of ice that looks very similar to a wet road surface and is consequently very difficult to spot. In winter weather, motorists are highly advised to drive and steer slowly, use their headlights, and always stay vigilant in order to spot black ice before it causes a crash. The following conditions are highly conducive to black ice:
- Just below freezing temperatures following a light rainfall
- Bridges and overpasses
- Roads shaded by trees or a tunnel
- Shiny patches on black-colored roads
Remember, it does not matter whether you have a four-wheel drive vehicle; you can still lose traction on black ice.
Can the Driver that Hit Me Use Black Ice as a Defense to Liability in NJ?
All motorists have the duty to exercise ordinary care when driving. This includes watching the road for possible hazards and following traffic rules and regulations. Although black ice can be easily missed by even the most reasonably cautious driver, this does not excuse bad motorist behavior, such as:
- Failing to acknowledge posted signs that warn of slippery conditions on the road's surface
- Failing to acknowledge obvious signs of danger, like other vehicles sliding on the road
- Panicking and slamming on the brakes
- Inadequate maintenance of tires
A dedicated New Jersey car accident lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding your crash and refute the liable driver's black ice defense using weather reports and other evidence.
Let Us Help You Recover After a Black Ice Car Accident
After a serious crash, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost earnings, psychological trauma, pain and suffering, and more. To get the high quality legal representation you need to achieve an optimal settlement or verdict, reach out to the renowned attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. If we're not able to recover, we won't ask for a fee, guaranteed.
- I Thought It Was a Puddle: Black Ice Driving Danger
- Do You Know How the Weather Affects New Jersey Roads?
- Black Ice Wreaking Havoc on New Jersey Streets
- Black Ice: How to Spot This Winter Driving Danger
- Don't Let It Slide: Heed AAA's Black Ice Driving Tips
Call Our Office At (609) 240-0040 Today for Help
Submit the following form for a Free Consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.